We have grant funding available for Oxfordshire SMEs via our eScalate programme - specifically targeting businesses that are scaling up. Our grants fund activities and projects will ultimately lead to business growth and job creation in Oxfordshire.
Due to exceptionally high interest from our business community, OxLEP Business have taken the decision to create a final deadline for grant applications to our eScalate business support programme.
The deadline for grant applications will now be midday on Friday 16th April.
We would like to thank our business community for engaging with this programme to-date and we are delighted that we have been able to support so many businesses in Oxfordshire at such a critical time.
Away from funding initiatives, we are determined to ensure our eScalate programme can continue to play a key role in supporting purpose-driven businesses, or those looking to scale-up, for the remainder of the programme, and – more widely, as OxLEP Business – we want to continue to ensure the county’s businesses are able to run as efficiently as possible and remain productive.
With this in mind, we would also encourage you to take a look at all of our business support programmes and products.
Should more funding become available through our eScalate programme, we will publicise this via our various communications channels.
If you are a business specifically looking for funding, we would of course encourage you to review other opportunities away from OxLEP Business – so, if you are a business that is purpose-driven, or business that is scaling-up, we suggest that you visit other organisations who may be able to provide specific funding support to you (subject to eligibility and fund dates).
Please take a look at these organisations, though there are many others in the UK who can offer financial support and we would encourage you to undertake further research:
- Resilience and Recovery Loan Fund (applications close on 31 March 2021)
- British Business Bank – The Finance Hub
- Scaleup Institute – ‘Find the support to scale your business’
We would also encourage you to review the Government’s finance and support business tool which can direct you to live funding opportunities and support schemes.
Also, please consider our local authority partners in Oxfordshire who may be able to support you through their discretionary funds:
- Grants are available to start-up, growth and scale-up businesses
- Grants of between £1000 and £25000 are available
- SME applicants can receive up to a maximum of 50% of eligible expenditure. For example: in order for a start-up to receive a grant of £1,000 you would need to spend a total of £2,000 excluding VAT.
- Grants are not to be used for retrospective purchases
- Grants can be used to support job creation
- Grants are only available once per business
Who can apply?
- Businesses with less than 250 employees based in Oxfordshire
- Eligible sectors
- Businesses who have sufficient funds for the match requirement
Application submission deadline – 16 April 2021, 12:00 midday
Notification of outcome – 7 May 2021
We offer a free workshop to potential applicants prior to the deadline for each round so that they may find out more about eligible projects and how to apply.
- for the foreseeable future, we are looking to move future OxLEP-led events to 'digital platforms', we will update everyone who has signed up as soon as possible.
This will cover:
- Eligibility requirements
- Application process
- What a good application looks like
- What other support is available for starting-up, growing and innovating within your business
OxLEP Business - Grant Workshop (February 2021)
eScalate grant scheme (September 2020)